Faculty position opening in Physics, University of Ulsan (Full-time, Non-tenure Track)
Department of Physics at University of Ulsan (UOU), Korea, is seeking a qualified foreign Professor (Full Time and Non-Tenure Track) for teaching students of the undergraduate and graduate courses about Physics Experiment/Theory from Spring semester, 2021. Please refer to the following for details if you are interested.
1. Subject Areas
• Physics (Experiment/Theory)
2. Application qualifications
• The applicant must have DOCTOR’s degree of the field.
• The Applicant should have at least 4 years of FULL TIME experience in teaching and/or research combined.
• The applicant must possess foreign nationality who can conduct courses in English or other language relative to the application major.
• The applicant should be in good legal standing for the employment at a private university.
• Please refer to other special qualifications announced by each department or major.
• Teach 9~12 hours per week during a semester.
• Other obligations include scheduling weekly office hours and participating in major department events.
4. Submission Period (Online Submission)
• October 26th (Mon) ~ November 9th (Mon) 17:00, 2020 (Korean Standard Time)
5. How to Apply
• Submit the application form and other required documents through the Univ. of Ulsan Foreign Faculty Recruitment website (http://global.ulsan.ac.kr/recu/Invitation/index_m.html).
• All the submitted documents, except the application, should be uploaded to the website in the form of PDF files. If the original copy is a hard copy, a legible scanned copy should be prepared and uploaded in the form of a PDF file.
• Submissions via mail (post), e-mail or fax are NOT acceptable.
• Documents not uploaded to the website of the Univ. of Ulsan Foreign Faculty Recruitment and illegible documents are NOT accepted.
• The applicant is responsible for any disadvantages that may arise from incorrect information during the process uploading.
6. List of Documents to be submitted
• Application Form – One copy
• Resume – One copy
• Certificate of Diploma (Bachelor / Master / Ph. D.) – One copy each
• Certificate of Academic Transcript (Bachelor / Master / Ph. D.) - One copy each
• Certificate of Career – One copy each
7. Salary & Benefits
• Annual contract (can be renewed depending on evaluation)
• Salary will be commensurate with final academic degree and experience.
• Furnished housing will be provided.
• Health insurance and Pension
• For further information, please contact the following department Head.
Name: Prof. Young-Han Shin
All applicants are advised to carefully read the information provided in the "How to Apply" section. The next step is to move to the "Making Up the Application" section. Applicants need to download and fill out the application form and also provide necessary documents (resume, diplomas, transcripts, career certificates, etc.). All the documents MUST NOT be sent to the chair of the individual department. All applicants are required to register on the official university employment website. The e-mail address of the chairperson is provided ONLY for inquiries, NOT for application. All documents e-mailed to the chairperson will be required to be transferred to the university official employment website by the applicant. Applications sent to the chair will not be deemed official.
• For further details, please contact the relevant offices as below.
Office of Academic Affairs
Office of Department of Physics