Pioneer symposia are consisted of several invited talks on hot issues of physics sub-fields. Each symposium is made in English and extends at least 2 sessions in a meeting. Symposium titles and organizers of pioneer symposia for upcoming meeting are as follows.
Time/Room: April 22 (Friday) 09:00 - 12:58 / Virtual Rm. 01
YOON Junggi (APCTP), KIM Keun-Young (GIST), YEOM Dong-han (Pusan Natl’ Univ.)
- ENGELHARDT Netta (MIT, USA): “Recent Progress on the Black Hole Information Problem”
- YANG Zhenbin (Stanford University, USA): “Wormholes and Black Holes”
- ZHAO YING (KITP, USA): “Quantum circuit picture of black hole interior”
- CHEN Pisin (National Taiwan University, Taiwan): “Tabletop Flying Plasma Mirrors to Investigate Black Hole Information Loss Paradox”
- BAK Dongsu (University of Seoul): “Python’s lunch geometries in Jackiw-Teitelboim gravity with matter”
- YEOM Donghan (Pusan National University): “Page curve from Euclidean path integral”
- AHN Byoungjoon (GIST): “Black hole information paradox and island prescription”
Time/Room: April 22 (Friday) 09:00 - 12:58 / Virtual Rm. 02
LEE Hyun Su (Institute for Basic Science), YOO Jonghee (Seoul National Univ.), HA Chang Hyon (Chung-Ang Univ.)
- SCOPEL Stefano (Sogang Univ., Korea) “WIMPs interpretations with NaI detectors: DAMA/Libra and beyond”
- SARSA María Luisa (Zaragoza Univ., Spain) : “Testing DAMA/LIBRA at three-sigma with ANAIS−112 experiment”
- MARUYAMA Reina (Yale Univ., USA) : “COSINE experiment”
- SCHOLBERG Kate (Duke Univ., USA) : “The COHERENT Experimental Program”
- PARK Jong-Chul (Chungnam National Univ.) : “Search for Light New Particles”
- HA Chang Hyon (Chung-Ang Univ.) : “NaI(Tl) detector development and the NEON experiment”
Time/Room: April 21 (Thursday) 15:10 - 18:22 / Virtual Rm. 03
HONG Byungsik (Korea Univ.), KIM Eun-Joo (Jeonbuk National Univ.), KIM Youngman (IBS)
- ONO Akira (Tohoku Univ., Japan): “Exploring EOS in heavy-ion collisions with transport models”
- HYUN Chang Ho (Daegu Univ.): “KIDS Energy Density Functional and Symmetry Energy”
- KIMURA Masaaki (Hokkaido U., Japan) : “Apha cluster formation in the surface of stable and unstable nuclei”
- GULMINELLI Francesca (LPC Caen, France): “The equation of state of dense matter and nuclear physics constraints”
- ISOBE TadaAki (RIKEN, Japan): “Experimental study of asymmetric nuclear matter equation of state by using heavy RI collisions at RIKEN-RIBF”
- MOON Dong Ho (CNU): “Status of LAMPS”
Time/Room: April 21 (Thursday) 09:00 - 10:36, 13:00 - 14:12 / Virtual Rm. 03
HAHN Insik (IBS), KWON Young Kwan (IBS), AHN Deuk Soon (IBS)
- SCHATZ Hendrik (MSU, USA): “Nuclear Astrophysics at FRIB“
- KANUNGO Rituparna (St. Mary’s University, USA) : “Unveiling new features in rare isotopes with direct reactions“
- SAKURAI Hiroyoshi (RIKEN, Japan): “Recent progress and plans at RIBF“
- KWON Young Kwan (IBS): “Status of RAON“
- SHIN Taeksu (IBS): “The Status of experimental systems of RAON “
- AHN Sunghoon (IBS): “Key Nuclear Physics Studies using CENS Instruments at RAON“
- AHN Deuk Soon (IBS): “Exploring the limits of nuclear existence“
Time/Room: April 22 (Friday) 14:00 - 17:46 / Virtual Rm. 09
JHE Wonho (Seoul National University), LEE Manhee (Chungbuk National University), and AN Sangmin (Jeonbuk National University)
- SHEN Amy Q. (Okinawa Institute of Technology Graduate University, Japan): “Viscoelastic instabilities in microfluidic flows”–Session I
- SIRIA Alessandro (Ecole Normale Supérieure, France): "Nanorheology of phase changing materials”–Session I
- JHE Wonho (Seoul Natl. Univ.): “Rheology at multi-scales from bulk to micro to nano”–Session I
- KLEIN Jacob (Weizmann Institute of Science, Israel): "Nano-confined water under high electric fields"-Session I
- GARCIA Ricardo (Instituto de Ciencia de Materiales de Madrid, Spain): “Interfacial water: Atomic-scale imaging of solid-water interfaces”–Session II
- DIVOUX Thibaut (CNRS, France): ” Residual stresses and shear-induced overaging in boehmite gels”– Session II
- DATTA Sujit (Princeton University, USA): " Viscoelastic polymer flows in 3D porous media "– Session II
- LEE Manhee (Chungbuk Natl. Univ.): “Micro-viscometry of soft matter for clinical applications” – Session II
Time/Room: April 21 (Thursday) 13:00 - 17:10 / Virtual Rm. 05
LEE Hyun-Woo (POSTECH), KIM Jun Sung (POSTECH), KIM Sanghoon (POSTECH)
- PAI Chi-Feng (National Taiwan University, Taiwan): “Enhancing spin-orbit torque efficiency via orbital currents”
- PARK Byong Guk (Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology): “Efficient conversion of orbital Hall current to spin current for spin-orbit torque switching”
- CHOI Gyung-Min (Sungkyunkwan University): “Observation of the orbital Hall effect in a light metal Ti”
- YAN Binghai (Weizmann Institute of Science, Israel): “Chirality-induced Orbital Polarization in DNA-like Chiral Materials”
- LEE Kyung-Jin (KAIST): “Orbital torque in magnetic bilayers”
- GO Dongwook (Forschungszentrum Jülich, Germany): “Long-range orbital transport in ferromagnets: Theory and experiment”
- MANCHON Aurélien (CINaM, Aix-Marseille University, France): “Generating Orbital Currents and Densities”
- KLÄUI Mathias (Mainz university, Germany): “Orbitronics: new torques and magnetoresistance effects”
- LEE Hyun-Woo (POSTECH): “Observation of the orbital Hall effect in a light metal Ti”
Time/Room: April 22 (Friday) 09:00 - 10:36 / Virtual Rm. 08
KIM Heung-Sik (Kangwon Nat’l Univ), SHIM Ji Hoon (POSTECH), KANG Chang-Jong (Chungnam Nat’l Univ)
- MRAVLJE Jernej (Institute Jozef Stefan, Slovenia): “The interplay between spin-orbit coupling, Hund’s coupling and van-Hove singularity in BaOsO3“
- KIM Aaram J. (University of Fribourg, Switzerland): “Vertex-based diagrammatic impurity solver“
- LEE Seung-Sup (Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich, Germany; Seoul National University): “How to differentiate Hund from Mott physics?“
- HAULE Kristjan (Rutgers Unviersity, US): “How are crystal structures and superconductivity affected by Hundsness?“
- CHOI Sangkook (Brookhaven National Lab, US): “Hund metal and neighboring phases in two and three orbital systems “
- KIM Changyoung (Seoul National Univ): “Electronic structure studies of Hund’s metal behavior in NiS2−xSex and atomic layer of SrRuO3“
- BAEK Seung-Ho (Changwon National Univ): “Tuning of nematicity and spin fluctuations in Fe-based superconductors“
- KIM Minjae (KIAS): “Strain-Temperature phase diagram of SrRuO3-SrTiO3 : DFT+DMFT study “
Time/Room: April 22 (Friday) 09:00 - 12:46 / Virtual Rm. 05
PARK Tuson (Sungkyunkwan University), YU Jaejun (Seoul Nationl University), LEE Kwan-Woo (Korea University, Sejong)
- SI Qimiao (Rice University, USA): “Gapless Electronic Topology Driven by Strong Correlations”
- PASCHEN Silke (Vienna Univ of Technology): “Giant signatures and genuine control of topology in Kondo systems”
- CHOI kwangyong (SKKU): “Quantum spin liquid in a nearly disorder-free Kagome antiferromagnet YCu3(OH) 6+x Br3-x”
- LEE SungBin(KAIST): “Glassy behavior in quantum spin liquids”
- DZERO Maxim (Univ. of Maryland): “Anomalous thermodynamics of multiband superconductors near a quantum critical point”
- PARK Jae-Hoon (POSTECH / MPK): “Quantum transition in an integer spin quasi-2D square lattice antiferromagnet Ba2FeSi2O7”
- HWANG Kyusung(KIAS): “Electric quantum osciallation in Weyl semimetals”
- LEE Hyun-Yong (Korea Univ): “Pre-thermalization via self-driving and external driving of extensive subsystems”
Time/Room: April 21 (Thursday) 09:00 - 11:00, 15:10 - 17:10 / Virtual Rm. 09
YANG Bohm Jung (Seoul National University), ANDREANOV Alexei (IBS PCS), FLACH Sergej (IBS PCS)
- BERNEVIG Bogdan Andrei (Princeton University, USA), "Twisted Bilayer Graphene = Topological Heavy Fermion"
- ROSSI Enrico (William and Mary University, USA), "Quantum Metric and Superfluid States in Twisted Bilayer Graphene Systems"
- HWANG Yoonseok (Seoul National University, Republic of Korea), “Geometric properties of flat band Landau levels”
- BOCKRATH Marc (The Ohio State University, USA), "Evidence for Flat Band Dirac Superfluid originating from Quantum Geometry"
- OZAWA Tomoki (Tohoku University, Japan), "Relations between quantum metric and topology in geometrically flat Chern insulators"
- SHIN Yong Il (Seoul National University), "Topological band engineering for ultracold atoms in shaken optical lattices"
- WANG Da-Wei (CAS Center for Excellence in Topological Quantum Computation, University of Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, China), "Topological phases and flat bands of quantized light"
- CHEN Zhigang (Nankai University, China and San Francisco State University, USA), "Flatband photonic lattices: from localized states to topological phenomena"
- KLEMBT Sebastian (Univeristy of Wuerzburg, Germany), "Exciton-polaritons in flatland: Controlling flatband properties in coupled optical resonator lattices"
- TORMA Päivi (Aalto Univeristy, Finland), "Quantum geometry and superfluidity in fermionic and bosonic systems: new twists"
Time/Room: April 20 (Wednesday) 16:10 - 17:46, April 21 (Thursday) 13:00 - 14:12 / Virtual Rm. 06
Dirk Wulferding (CCES-IBS, SNU) and CHOI Kwang-Yong (Sungkyunkwan University)
- MCCLARTY Paul (MPI Stuttgart): “Theory of topological magnons”
- CHUNG Jae Ho (Korea University): “Topological Dirac magnons in Cr-based honeycomb ferromagnets: Dzyaloshinkii-Moriya versus Kitaev exchanges”
- HESS Christian (Wuppertal Univ.) “Thermal Hall effect of Kitaev quantum spin liquid candidate materials”
- IMAI Yoshinori (Tohoku University, Japan): “New Kitaev spin liquid candidate materials; ruthenium trihalides RuX3 (X = Br, I)
- ARMITAGE Peter (Johns Hopkins Unv.): “1D and 2D Co-based Kitaev magnets”
- KIM Heung-Sik (Kangwon National Univ): “Comparative theoretical studies of Kitaev interactions in the alpha phase of RuA3 (A=Cl, Br, I)”
- LI Yuan (Beijing Univ.): “INS studies of Co-based Kitaev materials”
- DO Seung-Hwan (Oak Ridge National Laboratory, USA): “Gaps in Topological Magnon Spectra: Intrinsic vs. Extrinsic Effects”
Time/Room: April 20 (Wednesday) 14:00 - 17:46 / Virtual Rm. 07
MUN Bongjin Simon (GIST), Aloysius Soon (Yonsei University), Young Jun Chang (University of Seoul), Yongsoo Yang (KAIST)
- TIAN Xuezeng (Chinese Academy of Sciences (IOP, CAS)): "Correlated study of physical properties and atomic structures in 2D materials with Atomic Electron Tomography"
- YOO Hyobin (Sogang University) : "Operando Transmission Electron Microscopy Investigation on Domain Dynamics in 2D Ferroelectric Materials"
- IWASAWA Hideaki (National Institutes for Quantum Science and Technology, Japan) : "Surface inhomogeneity examined by spatially-resolved ARPES"
- SHIN Hyung-Joon (UNIST) : "Probing catalytic reactions of single molecules on TiO2 surface with STM"
- PARK Jeong Young (KAIST) : "Nanoscale Probing and Utilizing Surface Plasmon-driven Hot Carriers"
- LEE Jung-Hoon (KIST) : "An efficient numerical method for finding a common supercell between two similar crystalline surfaces"
- SAKONG Sung (Ulm University, Germany) : "Ab Initio Simulations of Water/Metal Interfaces and Perspective on Electric Double Layer Modeling"
- GUSTAFSON Johan (Lund University, Sweden) : "Formation of stable PdO films on alloys for oxidation catalysis"
Time/Room: April 21 (Thursday) 09:00 - 10:36, 13:00 - 14:48 / Virual Rm. 07
MIN Hongki (Seoul National University), JUNG Jeil (University Of Seoul), LEE Jaekwang(Pusan National University)
- KIM Philip (Harvard University, USA): "Correlated Electron States in Twisted Multilayer Graphene"
- MACDONALD Allan H. (University of Texas at Austin, USA): "TBA"
- PARK Jeong Min (MIT, USA): "Magic-Angle Twisted Graphene Family"
- KOSHINO Mikito (Osaka University, Japan): "Moiré quasicrystals"
- CHOI Hyoung Joon (Yonsei University): "Electronic structures and interactions in twisted graphene layers"
- DESHMUKH Mandar M. (TIFR Mumbay, India): "Berry curvature dipole senses topological transition in a moiré superlattice"
- LIU JianPeng (ShanghaiTech University, China): "Piezoelectric response and nonlinear optical properties of twisted graphene systems"
Time/Room: April 20 (Wednesday) 14:00 - 15:12, 16:10 - 17:46 / Virtual Rm. 08
PHARK Soo-hyon (Ewha W. Univ.), WOLF Christoph (Ewha W. Univ.), CHO Doohee (Yonsei Univ.)
- FERRON Alejandro (Instituto de Modelado e Innovación on Tecnológica - IMIT CONICET-UNNE, Corrientes, Argentina): “New driving mechanisms for STM-ESR”
- SEO Hosung (Ajou Univ.): “Quantum guidelines for solid-state spin defects”
- CHOI Mahn-Soo (Korea Univ.): “Probing Kondo spin fluctuations with scanning tunneling microscopy and electron spin resonance”
- LORENTE Nicolás (EHU, Spain): “A simulation tool for all-electric electron spin resonance using non-equilibrium Green's functions”
- WOLF Christoph (IBS, Ewha W. U.): “Electron-electron double resonance in an ESR-STM”
- SERRANO Giulia (University of Florence, Italy): “Understanding the magnetic behavior of molecules with spin functionalities deposited on Superconductors”
- WILLKE Philip (KIT, Germany): “Electron Spin Resonance of Individual Atomic and Molecular Spins on Surfaces”
Time/Room: April 22 (Friday) 09:00 - 10:12, 11:10 - 12:58 / Virtual Rm. 10
JANG Woosun (Yonsei University), SHIN Jungho (KRICT), YEO Byung Chul (Pukyong National University)
- LEE Yonghyuk (Fritz-Haber-Institut der Max-Planck-Gesellschaft, Germany): “Data-Efficient Iterative Training of Gaussian Approximation Potentials: Application to Surface Structure Determination of Rutile IrO2 and RuO2"
- KANG Joonhee (Pusan National University): “Nano structure prediction using the first-principles data based machine learning force field”
- YOO Su-Hyun (Max-Planck-Gesellschaft für Eisenforschung, Germany): “Efficient electronic passivation schemes for surface calculations of semiconductors exhibiting spontaneous polarization: Thermodynamic and electronic properties of GaN surfaces”
- MANNODI-KANAKKITHODI Arun (Purdue University, USA): “Data-Driven Design of High Entropy Halide Perovskite Alloys”
- KIM Chiho (Georgia Institute of Technology, USA): “Polymer Informatics: Current Status and Critical Next Steps”
- BATRA Rohit (Argonne National Laboratory, USA): ” Nanostructure Self-assembling Peptide Discovery: Overcoming Human Bias Using Machine Learning"
Time/Room: April 21 (Thursday) 09:00 - 10:48, 15:10 - 16:58 / Virtual Rm. 12
CHO Gil Young (POSTECH), KIM Kun Woo (CAU), LEE Gil-Ho (POSTECH)
- MITRA Aditi (NYU, USA): “Floquet chains and the stability of their edge modes”
- OKA Takashi (ISSP/Univ. Tokyo, Japan): “Laser induced Geometric Effects in Quantum Materials”
- LEE JaeDong (DGIST): “Ultrafast dynamics of phase, topology, and decoherence of graphene”
- LEE Gil-Ho (POSTECH): “Steady Floquet-Andreev states in graphene Josephson junctions”
- RONEN Yuval (Weizmann Institute of Science, Israel): “Charge Induced Aharonov-Bohm Phase Modulation in Multiple Quantum Hall Edges Graphene Fabry-Pérot Interferometer”
- MELIN Regis (CNRS, France): “Floquet theory of multiterminal Josephson junctions”
- MCLVER James W. (Max Plank Institute, Germany): “Floquet-engineered topological transport in quantum materials”
Time/Room: April 21 (Thursday) 13:00 - 16:22 / Virtual Rm. 16
LEE Seungwoo (Korea University), HUH Ji-Hyeok (Korea University), PARK Hyeong-Ryeol (UNIST)
- KIM Shin-Hyun (KAIST): “Direct writing of structural-color graphics with colloidal photonic inks”
- VOGEL Nicholas (University of Erlangen-Nuremberg, Germany): “Structural color as a tool to investigate structure and formation pathways of colloidal clusters”
- MIHI Agustín (Institut de Ciència de Materials de Barcelona, Spain): “Creating Photonic Architectures by Nanoimprinting Unconventional Materials”
- YI Gi-Ra (Sungkyunkwan University): “Structural Colors of Mie-Resonant Hollow Nanospheres”
- LARGERWALL Jan (University of Luxembourg, Luxembourg): “Transformative applications enabled by the spherically symmetric chiral Bragg diffraction of cholesteric spherical reflectors”
- GOPINATH Ashwin (MIT, US): “Inorganic DNA origami particles”
KIM Dong-Eon (POSTECH), KIM Kyung Taec (GIST), KIM Ki-Yong (GIST), KWON Duck-Hee (KAERI), ZHAO Bum Suk (UNIST)
[Invited Speakers (Tentative)]
- WOERNER Hans J. (ETH, Swiss): “Ultrafast phenomena in liquid”
- DIMAURO Lous F. (Ohio state university, US): “Mid-IR laser and their applications”
- GHIMIRE Shambhu (Stanford University, US): “HHG in solids”
- BIEGERT Jans (ICFO, Spain): “Ultrafast phenomena in atoms and molecules”
- CHINI Michael (University of Central Florida, US): “HHG and Ultrafast optics”
- SHIM Bonggu (Binghamton University, US): “Ultrafast phenomena in gases and plasma”
- JEONG Young Wook (KAERI): “Ultrafast phenomena”
- Tae Kyu Kim (Yonsei University): “Ultrafast phenomena in molecules”
- Je Hoi Mun (POSTECH): “Strong field theory”
Time/Room: April 21 (Thursday) 09:00 - 11:00, 13:00 - 15:00 / Virtual Rm. 18
CHO Chang-Hee (DGIST), Gong Su-Hyun (Korea Univ.), CHO Yong-Hoon (KAIST)
- AGARWAL Ritesh (Univ. of Pennsylvania, USA): "Helical Topological Polaritons"
- DENG Hui (Univ. of Michigan, USA): "Excitons and Polaritons in van der Waals Hetero-bilayers"
- CHO Chang-Hee (DGIST): "Exciton-Polaritons in Phase-changing Lead Halide Perovskites"
- Gong Su-Hyun (Korea Univ.): "Guided exciton polariton in multilayered WS2"
- XIONG Qihua (Nanyang Technological Univ., Singapore): "Perovskite Semiconductors for Photonics and Polaritonics"
- CHO Yong-Hoon (KAIST): "Direct polariton coupling in single hexagonal microcavity at room temperature"
- CHEN Zhanghai (Fudan Univ., China): "Femtosecond Dynamics of a Polariton Bosonic Cascade at Room Temperature"
- PARK Kyoung-Duck (UNIST): "Tip-enhanced cavity-spectroscopy"
Time/Room: April 21 (Thursday) 09:00 - 10:48, 13:00 - 14:48 / Virtual Rm. 19
AN Sangmin (Jeonbuk Nat. Univ.), SON Jangyup (KIST), OH Hyemin (Kunsan Nat. Univ.)
- VAN DER ZANDE Arend (University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign, US): “Electromechanical systems enabled by interfacial slip in 2D material heterostructures” (Session I)
- JUNG Yeonwoong (University of Central Florida, US): “Wafer-scale heterogeneous integration of atomically thin electronic materials on arbitrary substrates toward mechanically reconfigurable devices” (Session I)
- LI Tianshu (George Washington University, US): “Chemical short-range order in SiGeSn medium-entropy alloys for optoelectronics” (Session I)
- LEE Changgu (Sungkyunkwan University): “Resonant tunneling through twisted black phosphorus heterostructures” (Session II)
- SOLARES Santiago (George Washington University, US): “Strain-induced electronic structure and functionality changes in MoTe2 - Understanding the nanomechanical underlying mechanisms governing strain engineering” (Session II)
- KUM Hyun Seong (Yonsei University): “Epitaxial growth, exfoliation, and heterostructing of complex-oxide membranes” (Session II)
Time/Room: April 21 (Thursday) 15:10 - 16:46 / Virtual Rm. 19
KIM Yong Soo (University of Ulsan), VU Dinh Lam (Graduate Unvi. of Science and Technology, Vietnam)
- PARK Kibog (UNIST): “Self-Selective Ferroelectric Memory Realized with Semimetalic Graphene Channel “
- DANG Duc Dong (Hanoi National University of Education, Vietnam): “Making room temperature ferromagnetism of lead-free ferroelectric materials“
- PARK Sungkyun (Pusan National University): “Modified Orbital Occupancy induced MIT of VO2 films by Octahedral SymmetryModified Orbital Occupancy induced MIT of VO2 films by Octahedral Symmetry“
- LE Thong Nguyen-Minh (Center for Innovative Materials and Architectures, Vietnam): “Insight into the adsorption of hydrogen on Sc2C monolayers from the perspectives of first-principles“
- VU Dinh Lam (Graduate University of Science and Technology, Vietnam): “Progresses in Metamaterials for Electromagnetic Radiation Applications: energy transfer and absorption“
- KIM Dong-Wook (Hanoi National University of Education, Vietnam): “Au-MoS2 Nanostructures for Electronic and Optoelectronic Device Applications“
- TRAN Ngoc Quang (Center for Innovative Materials & Architectures, Vietnam): “Efficient ambient ammonia synthesis by Lewis acid pair over cobalt single atom catalyst with suppressed proton reduction“
- KIM Jungdae (University of Ulsan): “STM investigation on layered chalcogenide materials“
Time/Room: April 22 (Friday) 09:00 - 12:22 / Virtual Rm. 18
KIM Jong Su (Yeungnam University), LEE Sang Jun(KRISS), CHO Chang-Hee(DGIST)
- KIM Soaram (U.S. Army Research Laboratory): “Epitaxial graphene based biosensor for rapid detection of COVID-19”
- KIM Min-Gon (GIST): “Reactant/polymer hybrid films on pn junction photodetectors for self-powered, non-invasive glucose biosensors”
- LEE Seunghyun (Ohio State University): “High sensitivity AlGaAsSb avalanche photodiodes for 1.55 μm applications”
- KIM Jong Su (Yeungnam University): “GaSb/InGaAsSb and InAs/GaSb based infrared photodetectors”